Thursday, August 25, 2005

Maundy Thursday is a Solemn Affair

*Sob* *Sob* but one of the most heartwarming moments I really enjoyed so far is attending Maundy Thursday in Beijing. The way they go about it makes you really want to cry. Their Chapel of Repose is beautiful and they really do it with the mood. Unlike well lit churches here in Singapore, it is possible to really darken the stone churches in China...and its really like a funeral procession, people kneeling on the cold hard stone floors (out of pews), men crying :*-( Yes, MEN! Singing songs to keep the Lord company till really late at night....I could even remember Priest Liu scolding me for not joining in the singing and I told him, "I can't sing in Chinese...."then he realized I was not local :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home